As we come to the end of our current online tasting sessions and a summer of (at least some more) freedom dawns, we wanted to close this tasting season with a second edition of our blind tasting competition, albeit in a somewhat different format.
A lot of people enjoyed our first contest at the end of last year, but we also learned some things from it and we think we can improve your experience. Concretely, we would provide larger samples (10 cl rather than 5 cl) of only red wines, and we would shorten the interval between the bottling of samples and the reveal session. All this to make sure the wines remain in optimal condition. So you will have more wine than last time (6 x 10 cl instead of 8 x 5 cl), also allowing you to keep some wine until the reveal session.
In addition, we will lift just a tip of the blindfold, by providing you with a reference list of varieties and origins to choose from, so you will not be completely in the dark. This way the competitive element remains, but we make the format more accessible.
Just as last time, the winners will get some nice prizes “en liquide”, generously provided by Qualivino.
Here’s some more detailed information:
- Registration open until June 18 (or while samples last)
- Pick-up or delivery of samples on June 21-22
- Online reveal session on June 23 19.30 CET
- Register here, and pay the fee of 49 euro
- Shipping is included and samples will arrive on June 22nd (please ensure you are home), but you can also pick them up before in the Brussels area (please specify in the sign up form - discount applies)
- Submit your answers via the online form by June 23rd at noon.
Because of practical and logistic reasons, the places are limited, so don't wait too long to subscribe!